Extraordinary Parish Council Meeting on Monday 26th September 2022
at 7.30pm at Great Waldingfield Village Hall
A G E N D A
- Welcome and Apologies for Absence – To receive and agree.
- Declarations of Interests and Dispensations – To receive any declarations of interest at this point and at any point during the Meeting and Dispensations (in advance of the Meeting).
- Minutes of the last Parish Council Meeting held on the 11th July 2022 – To receive, consider and approve the Meeting Minutes. (Minutes attached and on website).
- Update/Matters Arising from Previous Minutes held on the 11th July 2022 – To receive and note any updates.
- Public Forum– To facilitate members of the public / press to address the Council to a maximum of 3 minutes per person and no more than 15 minutes for the session. (Priory will be given to questions received in advance of the Meeting).
- County and District Councillors Reports (including ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition Scheme) – To receive and note written reports and to clarify any points from the said written reports. (Up to a maximum of 3 minutes per report/County/District Councillor). (Generic District Councillor Report attached).
- Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee – To receive and consider the written report. (Attached).
- Transport Working Group (Via Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee) – To receive and consider the correspondence and requests including:
- CIL – Consider supporting a CIL bid (general pot or Great Waldingfield pot) of approximately £5,200 towards the cost of speed mitigation street furniture – purchase of village gates and installation. (Details attached).
- Parish Councillor Representative – To consider a replacement representative following Councillor Berry’s resignation from the Transport Working Group. (Note Parish Councillor Representatives on Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee – Councillors Berry and Rushton).
- Speedwatch Group – To consider another Parish Councillor Representative to join Councillors Berry and Knight. Council Members – Great Waldingfield
- Newton Road Data – To consider the request to fund the data gathering at £85.
- CIL (Community Infrastructure Levy) Working Party – To consider holding a working party meeting in conjunction with Great Waldingfield Neighbourhood Plan and community-based aspirations and requests as part of the Plan.
- Routine Correspondence Circulated – To consider any matters. (Councillors please advise the Clerk prior to the Meeting of any matters that you wish to raise).
- Councillors External Meetings/Sessions/Attendance/Representation – To receive updates and agree any matters.
- Planning and Development in Great Waldingfield (Details attached and on website).
To consider and make observations to the LPA (Local Planning Authority) on proposals received in the Parish Council’s consultee role. (Please view plans online in advance of the Meeting).
Planning Applications Received
- DC/22/03759 – Great Waldingfield Village Hall, Lavenham Road, The Heath – Erection of cycle store and creation of 10 No. additional parking spaces.
- *DC/22/03792 – Field House, Badley Road – Erection of a single storey outbuilding comprising of garage, carport, kennel, workshop, log store and bike store (following demolition of stables/storage building).
- DC/22/02336 – Chilton Woods Mixed Development to North of Woodhall Business Park, Sudbury (cross-boundary) (Re Consultation) – Application for approval of Reserved Matters for Phase II (matters relating to appearance, scale, layout and landscaping) – Erection of 242 no. dwellings, residential and associated development details pursuant to Outline Planning Permission B/15/01718 dated 29.03.2018.
- DC/22/03889 – The Hives, Lavenham Road, The Heath – Application for Approval of Reserves Matters following Outline Approval DC/21/03511 – Submission of details for Appearance, Landscaping, Layout and Scale for erection of 1 No. singe storey dwelling, (following demolition of existing garage). Including details for Condition 5 (Refuse Bins) and Condition 6 (Construction Management Strategy).
- DC/22/04026 – Brook House Farm, Brook Street – LBC (Listed Building Consent) – Reroofing of main house, consisting of stripping existing tiles and felt, batten, de-nail, fix eaves, protection felt and breathable underlay, identify and repair/replace, strengthen rafters etc and re-lay existing tiles.
Planning Applications Received after the Agenda – To receive and consider.
Planning Decisions Received from the LPA –To note
- DC/21/00256 – Waldingfield Lodge, The Street – Discharge of Conditions Application for DC/21/00256 – Condition 3 (Agreement of Roof Tile Details) and Condition 4 (Agreement of Insultation Details) – To note that the LPA has granted approval for this application.
- *DC/22/03792 – Field House, Badley Road – Erection of a single storey outbuilding comprising of garage, carport, kennel, workshop, log store and bike store (following demolition of stables/storage building) – To note that the LPA has granted approval for this application.
- DC/22/0379 – Great Waldingfield Village Hall, Lavenham Road – Erection of cycle store and creation of store and creation of 10 No. additional car parking spaces – To note that the LPA has granted approval of this application.
Planning Appeals Received – None
Chilton Woods Development (cross-boundary) – (Maiden Fields) – To receive any written report from Councillor Rushton
13. Financial Matters
- Schedule of Accounts for Payment – To receive, consider and agree payments since the last Meeting. (To follow). To consider and agree the updated schedule of accounts following the Parish Council Meeting on the 11th July 2022 (Anglia Car Charging standing order). (Attached).
- Bank Reconciliations – June, July, and August 2022 -To receive, consider and agree. (Attached).
- Financial Forecast 2021-2024– Draft – To note working document. (On website).
- The Great Waldingfield Horticultural Show Committee – To consider donation request. (Hire cost from 8am – 5pm – £84 in line with the standard scale of charges for Great Waldingfield Residents). (Details attached).
- Finance Packages – To consider. (Details attached).
- Dog Bag Bins – To consider.
- Grounds Maintenance Contractor – Great Oaktree Land Services Ltd. – Formal one year review – To consider.
- Urgent Finance Matters – To consider and agree any urgent finance matter after the agenda has been sent.
14. Playing Fields/Parish Council Land/Assets – To receive, consider and agree
- Playing Fields – Play Equipment – Monthly Report – To receive a written report regarding the risk assessment following visual and written checks and consider and agree any matters.
- Kick Wall Replacement Equipment – To receive an update and consider further.
- Playing Fields – Dog Signage – To receive and consider any updates.
- Queens Diamond Jubilee Garden (QDJ) – To consider and agree any matters.
- Community Warden Scheme – To note installation of the new seat and bin. To receive an update and agree any matters.
- Parish Council Committee or Working Group Meetings – To receive any updates and agree any matters
a) Biodiversity Working Group – To receive a verbal update and agree any matters.
b) Events Working Group – To note the expenditure from the Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
- Meetings Recording Policy – To consider. (Attached).
- Temporary Closure – Post Office – Great Waldingfield – To note that the Council has responded to this.
- Buses/Public/Community Transport for Village – To receive an update and consider any matters.
- Civility and Respect Pledge & Policy- (In collaboration with SLCC (Society of Local Council Clerks), NALC (National Association of Local Councils) and SALC (Suffolk Association of Local Councils) – To consider signing the pledge and adopting the model Civility and Respect Dignity at Work Policy (Attached).Model_.Ltr_.Councils..pdf (slcc.co.uk)
- Freedom of Information Policy and Procedure – To adopt. (Attached).
- Parish Council Meetings ––
- Next Meeting – Monday 10th October 2022 at 7.30pm at Great Waldingfield Village Hall.
- Schedule of Meetings – 2023 – To agree. (Attached).
- Resolution to Exclude the Public and the Press – The Public Bodies S.1 (2) (Admission to Meetings Act 1960) and the Local Government Act 1972 ss 100 and 102 (amended 2014). The Council is asked to consider and agree to exclude the Public since publicity would legally prejudice commercial sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Minutes of the Confidential Parish Council Meeting held on the 11th July 2022 – The Council is asked to receive, consider and approve the Meeting Minutes. (Minutes attached – Councillors only).
- Update/Matters Arising from Confidential Minutes held on the 11th July- 2022 – The Council is asked to receive and note any updates.
- Parish Council Assets & Assets/Land Transfers/Leases (County Council) – The Council is asked to agree the final details of press release in partnership with Suffolk County Council and the methods of publicity for this public statement.
- Staffing – Resources and Wellbeing – To consider.