Renuka Baldwin (Chair)
Phone: 01787 370434 Email Renuka
I was thrilled to be voted Chairman, a position I take very seriously after joining the Parish Council in May 2019. I enjoy working closely with Bradley our Community Warden, who is very supportive with the upkeep of our village. My role as School Governor continues to be rewarding, highlighting the continuing hard work and dedication of all the staff who work there. I’m looking forward to lots of exciting new projects in the future and will do my best to promote our village as a beautiful place to live.
Pete Berry (Vice Chair)
Phone: 01787 375853 Email Pete
I live in Braithwaite Drive. I’ve been a resident of the village for roughly 25 years and have tried to be an active parishioner. Whilst my 3 daughters were at the school I was a parent governor for 6 years, my grandson now attends the school which I’m delighted about.
For a number of years I was a committee member of the Friends of St Lawrence Church, raising funds for the upkeep of the building.
I am a member of the village Horticultural Society and I attend as many village events as possible, from the school fayres to the Xmas tree light turn on, and from Branchlines quiz nights to the Church afternoon tea.
My hope for the village is that whilst growth is inevitable, we keep our village community spirit and the feel of a small village with distinct boundaries between us. I’m proud to live in this village with its wonderful pub and terrific school. It has a spirit of its own.
Sue Clements (Clerk)
Phone: 07922 336386 Email Sue and/or Parish Council
I have worked in local government since 2000; before that I worked in a building society where I progressed to Branch Manager prior to maternity leave in 1993. I then held various Volunteer roles within the community. When resuming a new career, I first started working part-time at a Town Council. I have various professional qualifications and experience in the banking/financial industry, project management, human resource management as well as first tier local authority/government – all of which assist me in my role serving the electorate of Great Waldingfield and the Parish Council.
Phone: 07748 570436 Email Kerry
I grew up in the village and moved away in my 20s. I returned to the village five years ago and have thoroughly enjoyed being part of village life again. I am a mum to two teenage girls and work for the NHS as a lymphoedema specialist based in Colchester, I also enjoy being a yoga instructor in my spare time.
I joined the Parish Council as I feel passionately about joining our Community together. I remember the past events in the village and hope to bring a little bit of that sense of unity and togetherness back to the village. I am on the events committee, and Chairman of the Village hall management Committee. I would love to organise regular community events in the village in order for us to get to know our neighbours better.
Phone: 01787 827719 Email Denise
My husband and I have lived in the village since February 2017, having moved from Somerset to be nearer our son and daughter and their families. We very much enjoy living here and have found everyone very welcoming and helpful.
I have worked in three large local authorities, and my last few years of work were spent carrying out the finance and HR functions at a local garage. On retirement, I carried out the internal audits of my own and a neighbouring Town Council for about ten years. I have always been very interested in local government at every level although my involvement has been as an officer not a member. However, I have now been welcomed onto the Events Working Group and I am hoping to encourage people who live on the bus route to swap a car journey for a bus journey once a week – all the little things will eventually make a difference to our climate problem. I very much hope that I will be able to use my experience of local government and my interests to help the Parish Council in its work of continuing to make Great Waldingfield a really good place in which to live.
Phone: 01787 312946 Email Roger
I am a retired sound engineer, latterly in my career Head of the Sound Department at ITV’s London Studios on the South Bank. My wife and I moved from Clavering near Saffron Walden to Great Waldingfield in September 2016.
I was delighted to be elected onto the Parish Council in May 2019. As a Parish Councillor I am part of the Planning working group, Speed Watch Representative and Administrator Trustee of the Village Hall. I would like to see Great Waldingfield retain and strengthen its Suffolk village identity in both its character and community spirit by promoting development only where appropriate, and encouraging community pride in our past, present and future.
Phone: 07767 610199 Email Linda
I was born in Romford and worked at North Thames Gas and Ford Motor Company until becoming a full time mum in 1989. My husband and I have had a cottage near the church for nearly 30 years and my mum lived in Bantocks Road.
I have been a Parish Councillor for over five years, and have been a member of the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group since day one.
My interests are Heritage, Conservation and Farming. I am a life member of the National Trust, English Heritage and Historical Royal Palaces. I have three grown up children and three grandchildren and would like to conserve Great Waldingfield as a beautiful place to live.
Phone: 07903 500111 Email Amy
I was born in the village and have lived here most of my life. I have two children: one is at the village school and my oldest is now at Thomas Gainsborough. I work part-time at RSPB Flatford Wildlife Garden and run a Forest School at Old School Wood. I’m very passionate about looking after the environment and connecting children and families to nature. I’ve recently started collecting surplus food from Tesco, via the Olio app, to help combat food waste.
I’ve represented Branchlines and been a member of the committee for around 6 years. A couple of years ago I joined the Events Working Group and have helped organise the Christmas Lights switch on and I have helped with the recent fund-raising evening.
I believe I am a friendly, approachable person, willing to listen to the needs of village residents. I’m looking forward to working on some exciting projects for the village.
Phone: 01787 581287, 07751 041429 Email Steve
I spent my working life working for Ford Motor Co. for 40 years, the last 20 years in various levels of management. From 1983 to 2005 I lived just over the border in Halstead, then spent 8 years in France just outside Paris.
After I took Medical Retirement (left below knee amputee – lbka) in 2014 my wife and I moved to Great Waldingfield in March 2015.
I am involved with the Neighbourhood Plan working groups and I helped with the survey. I also like to attend the Branchlines’ Quiz and the Horticultural Shows. I was able to assist with the Great Waldingfield Volunteer Group during Lockdown and COVID-19.
I hope that working as a Parish Councillor I will be able to help build on the community spirit evidenced this year and with retaining/developing the Village character and infrastructure for all ages and abilities.
(Photography by Diverse Capture Photography)
Membership of Parish Council Committees & Working Groups –
- CIL (Community Infrastructure Levy) Working Group – All Councillors.
- Events Working Group – Councillors Berry, Francis, Hastings and Ward.
- Great Waldingfield Neighbourhood Plan Steering Committee –Councillors Berry and Rushton with Members of the Public.
- Finance Committee – Councillors Baldwin, Hastings, Knight, and Williams.
- HR and Complaints Committee – Councillors Berry, Francis, Rushton, and Williams.
- Biodiversity Working Group – Councillors Berry, Hastings, Francis, and Ward with Community Stakeholder Groups and Members of the Public.
- Media Working Group – Councillors Baldwin, Ward, and Williams.
- Planning Working Group – Councillors Baldwin, Knight, and Williams.
- Sports and Recreational Working Group – Councillors Berry, Francis, Ward, and Williams
Appointment of Councillor and Other Volunteer Representative/s –
- The Francis Humphrey and Margaret Braithwaite Allotment Trust Representative/s – Councillor Baldwin to serve for the ensuing year.
- The Chilton Woods (Maiden-Fields) Steering Committee – Councillor Rushton to serve for the ensuing year.
- The Community Speed Watch Scheme Representative – Councillors Berry and Williams to serve for the ensuing year.
- Footpath Representative – Mr D Taylor, supported by Councillor Rushton to serve for the ensuing year.
- Great Waldingfield Village Hall Management Committee – Councillors Francis, Knight, Ward and Williams to serve for the ensuing year. The Committee can set up a Friends of the Village Hall Working Group – comprising of Members of the Public.
- Playing Fields Representative/s – Councillors Berry, Francis, Ward and Williams to serve for the ensuing year.
- Queens Diamond Jubilee Garden – Councillors Berry, Francis, and Ward, Williams to serve for the ensuing year with Representatives/Members of the Public.
- Suffolk Association of Local Councils (SALC) Representative – Councillor Baldwin to serve for the ensuing year.
- Tree Warden – Mr D Taylor to serve for the ensuing year.