Unfortunately our consultant hasn’t been able to complete the summary of the survey results yet, but we will post these up here as soon as we can.
In the meantime, we have been carefully reading all the additional comments that were made in the Surveys – there were so many excellent ideas and suggestions amongst them.
Here are the exciting ideas put forward for new activities we could hold at the Village Hall. We’re pleased to say that some of these are already taking place, but maybe some new ideas for 2021?
1.Soft play area for small children; Baby and toddler groups – stay and play for the under threes; parent & toddler group; Family friendly events; Music classes for children (Jo Jingles) etc. Stay and Play for kids/creche, children’s parties
2. Fitness classes, yoga, discos, tea dances, dance classes
3. Meetings / coffee mornings/lunches for older people and new residents; Day dementia centre
4. Craft fairs, art classes, Lectures, Art Shows, concerts, amateur dramatics. Book Fairs, Local history U 3 A Type Groups – History/Art/Wildlife/ Flower arranging, Gardening, Stamp night, Bridge Club, photography, computing, live bands, wine tasting / classes
5. Dog walking group
6. Beer festival with local beers
7. Car boot sales; Tabletop/jumble sales; Indoor Markets, Bring and buy sales
8. Business networking events for business owners (local) and potential recruitment events – employ locals and support local business
9. Mind, Body, Fairs and Events, Annual Harvest Horkey, auctions, annual BBQ, Christmas / New Year celebration, Village fair, Firework display,
10. Car show/Rally
12. Plant sales or swopping of homegrown plants, fruit & vegetables, Flower – Fruit and Veg shows, fruit trees and foraging around the village